Wednesday, November 9, 2016

God, grant me the Serenity...

A couple of things from the AA Big Book -

"We try not to indulge in cynicism over the state of the nations, nor do we carry the world's troubles on our shoulders." (p. 132)  Trying here, really trying...

And from We Agnostics: "...we had to fearlessly face the proposition that either God is everything or else He is nothing. God either is, or He isn't. What was our choice to be?"  I choose "everything." I choose hope, and love and kindness and decency, despite what may be going on around me.

God, grant me the Serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the Courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

That's all I've got today, people. Breathe deeply, and don't forget to exhale.

3 comments:

  1. Breathing... exhaling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach radical acceptance to the clients. Now I have to practice it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this. One of the best thing to pray especially for difficult times.

    ReplyDelete