Sunday, August 28, 2022

Now What? workbook

 

I’ve Been Sober a Long Time – Now What?

Not sure about trying the workbook? Read on...

What those who’ve used the workbook are saying

 

     At 29+ years sober, it's easy to get complacent or just plain bored with recovery. Jeanine B's book, Sober a Long Time--Now What? brought relevance and immediacy back to daily maintenance. I especially liked the section on principles which reminded me both why it is we get sober and what we need to do to stay that way.  I worked the exercises with a sister in recovery who is quite a bit younger and has half the recovery time; the exercises and stories were just as useful to her.

Bonnie R, Portland, OR 

     A friend who lives out of state and I did the workbook together, via phone, over a couple of months. At the time, I had 19 years, and he had over 30. Talking about our answers to the various questions increased our intimacy and friendship, and improved my self-awareness and reflection.           

Kyle N, Portland, OR

     Hi my name is Sharon and I am an addict alcoholic. I will have 34 years of sobriety in December if I stay in the rooms and keep doing what I do which means always being open to new approaches in sobriety and defining how it works and grows my life.

     The questions asked in this workbook bring a new approach for those of us in the 21st century and who have been sober for some time. It has enriched my ability as a sponsor because the questions require me to look deeper in a way that other workbooks as of yet have not.

     I encourage all those who can, take the suggestion to get the workbook, sit down with some friends and go through it. It will do nothing more than enrich your life. It's kind of like living sober - how do you live today in sobriety after years of program? It's a new and different approach to keeping it real. 

Sharon D, San Francisco, CA

My name is Jolie D and my sobriety date is 3/3/97. I had the amazing experience utilizing Jeanine’s Long Time Sober Now What in a year-long workbook study. Our group of sober folks ranging from 10 years to 38 years sober met monthly. Each month we read aloud a chapter, the questions, and share our experience with the topic. Many of us wrote and reflected on the questions in between group meetings. Our group members formed intimacy as we spoke from the heart about these topics we aren’t always comfortable sharing about in our open AA meetings. One group member said we should use this workbook as annual housecleaning every year and our group enthusiastically agreed. 

Jolie D, Portland, OR

Go to the WEB VERSION of the blog page, upper right corner, to order the workbook - $19.95 for hardcopy mailed to you, $12.95 PDF email, for those out of the U.S. or otherwise preferring computer version (note that this isn't a writeable PDF).

No comments:

Post a Comment